The look and feel configuration tool LXAppearance was just released. Mostly internal fixes for build systems. The more externally interesting changes are support for non-lxsession environments, compile with –enable-dbus to use this.
lxappearance-0.5.3.tar.gz, sha1sum: d0342072512107bfcbe0465e27678e71a34c6733
Changelog (except translation changes)
8f02080 – Correct xml_purge_SOURCES in src/Makefile.am to contain relative path.
af8a1e4 – Lower autoconf version required – it works with 2.64 just fine.
caa1029 – debian: run autogen.sh to generate the automake files
5a2b99d – debian: fix the build to avoid empty packages.
1cbf9c8 – Change in configure.ac for compatibility with automake 1.14
0e89eec – debian: remove libmenu-cache1-dev from build dependencies, it isn’t needed.
a50b8ed – Fix support for non-lxsession environnement when compiled with –enable-dbus
b4389f7 – debian: resync with Debian
6a425f6 – Update build system
3aa02c9 – debian : Add also the build-depends on dbus-glib.
819549f – debian: Add –enable-dbus to make it work with new lxsession
6235bf2 – Fix NotShowIn (#3537354) and categories for consistency
The image viewer application GpicView have been updated; GTK3, minor refactoring and some updates to the infrastructure for building.
gpicview-0.2.4.tar.gz, sha1: 423143c850390db9784ad9812b9f929c18dd51ea
5e5b7ae – Modernize autotools
3204817 – Remove gtk-doc stuff in autogen
2c7cec9 – Fix autogen with new versions of automake
2ca2926 – Install the icon in the hicolor directory, and use a themed icon when available.
f06a367 – Update .gitignore
404abde – Update .pot file
45dc7d2 – Show images from current directory when run with no arguments.
5f02823 – Show/hide toolbar. Handle case “gpicview path/to/some/directory/”.
3c2f1a2 – do not reset zoom mode on prev/next actions
840219a – Some refactoring of zoom and scale switching code. Also fixes glitches of “Fit Image” button state.
c09b934 – fix “Fit Image” with Gtk3
88e76ee – fix scrolling when scale == 1
83a5589 – fix displaying images with gtk3
71574c7 – Fix compilation with GTK3 for image-view.c. Ok, the program builds succussfully with GTK3 (but does not show any images, however), it is time to do something useful.
b6074e6 – Fix compilation with GTK3 for main-win.c
987e384 – allow automake 1.12
The OpenBox Configurator plugin to LXAppearance was just released. Grab the file from sourceforge.
This release is mostly a maintenance release, making sure the code base builds and keeping it in sync and working with both OpenBox 3.5.0 and 3.5.2.
lxappearance-obconf-0.2.1.tar.gz, sha1: 13ef5ab481f72b9782a22486df9b133554af92fa
1b3ebd4 – config.h should be included by src/preview.c to get its defines.
c9d5ca6 – Make it compilable with both Openbox 3.5.0 and 3.5.2.
06fe6ce – Update autogen.sh to build with newer autotools
2449b84 – Keep depending on openbox lib 3.5, the version didn’t change with openbox 3.5.2
c8f0cd4 – Fix building with openbox 3.5.2, and increase the depends (fix 3614951)
Since the original LXDE and razor-qt projects decided to merge the effort and work together on the same project, we formed lxde-qt, or lxqt for short. Some effort was made to merge existing codebases and components, but things are still in an early stage so there is no public release yet. For preview purpose, here is a guide for the brave to build lxde-qt from git source code. Please note, since this is a work in progress, things are subject to frequent changes. So be prepared and don’t expect too much. Things will improve, but it takes time. :-)
Please don’t use it in a production environment. It’s not ready for daily use yet. You have been warned.
The backend library to read freedesktop.org application menu files has been released with mostly minor changes.
menu-cache-0.5.1.tar.gz, sha1sum: 9580ee33966d112ed421f2c523b0730ad69e109d
c45ff3e – fix memory corruption when freeing cache->files
0fe2a66 – fix typo in menu-cache-gen.c
6a16c51 – Fix build on debian hurd-i386: there is no MAXSYMLINKS defined there.
506d35a – debian: libmenu-cache-bin in fact conflicts with libmenu-cache
e53d0b3 – debian : – Force removal of libmenu-cache2, since it may have provide SONAME 3 library – Use SONAME number in the .install to only install the good version of the library (and fail on SONAME bump)
a424120 – debian: Enabling hardening.
515d722 – debian: Correcting libmenu-cache1-dev to oldlibs/extra.
ff605d7 - debian: Changing libmenu-cache2 into libmenu-cache3 due to ABI change.
No rest in the PCManFM camp. Another update is here, not just one but several. A new PCManFM version and two bugfix releaes to libfm gives us a strange version bump for once.
Changelog for PCManFM
* 0a9dfa8 – [#3614867]“Daemon mode” not always works correctly.
* 3d6f154 – Add missing #include “gseal-gtk-compat.h” into src/tab-page.c
* 8eb3856 – Remove xml-purge to allow smooth cross-compilation, replace it with sed.
* 2e2d530 – Add data sources to dist tarball, the make check needs them.
Changelog for libfm
* fa819be – Release v220.127.116.11.
* 0de4df2 – Increase ABI revision to 5 before release (now ABI code is 4:5:1)
* da08c6c – [#3614500]Add weak notify on Places view to detach it from context menu.
* 74116b0 – Call GtkWidget’s handler button_release_event() before we unmount.
* 77c6a62 – Make ‘make check’ work (the docs/Makefile.am contains incorrect statement).
* 727334c – Release v18.104.22.168.
* 03f5ea8 – Fix over 8b67cc484583f2d9413ffb30e670fd7602f0a931, it was incorrect.
* d7df28a – [#3614837]Check file name before id when launch GDesktopAppInfo.
* 8b67cc4 – Fix crash with no terminal defined in config file.
* 90c5b6e – Release v1.1.2.
* 1d0055b – Increase ABI revision to 3 before release (now ABI code is 4:3:1)
* 18131ed – [#3614629]text/uri-list in DnD should be ended with \r\n not just \n
* bc51ca2 – [#3614837]Fix incorrect terminal config statement parsing.
Since we’re using Openbox as our default window manager, we need a GUI way to configure it. Previously, we have a GUI config tool for OpenBox named obconf, which is based on gtk+ 2 and libglade. However, since we plan to use Qt, and gtk+ 2 is no longer officially supported by its upstream, a Qt port is wanted.
Hence, as part of LXDE-Qt project, I started a Qt port of obconf and that’s obconf-qt.
It’s a pure Qt program so it works as well outside LXDE-Qt. It’s also useful for the upcoming razor-qt 0.6.
Or, browse the code online:
Most of the original features are already been ported to Qt.
What still does not work:
1. font settings.
2. dock settings.
3. preview of themes
Other stuff should work as expected.
If anyone is willing to help, please contact me.
“…we have decided that the best course of action for both projects is to focus on a single desktop environment, instead of two.
There have been talks of ‘merging’ ever since LXDE-Qt was announced. Having taken the decision to collaborate, we’ve all had the pleasure of working together already.
Our plan is to cherry-pick the best parts of Razor and LXDE and include or port those to LXDE-Qt. Other components will be ported straight from GTK code or rewritten from scratch. In the end, we want to offer the best possible experience while reusing as much code as possible.”
In the coming weeks, our two teams will coordinate LXDE-Qt’s first release and Razor-qt’s official final release. The GTK version of LXDE will still be worked on and kept up to date with any improvement to the Qt version for the forseeable future.
In the longer term, most Razor-qt components will fully be integrated into the LXDE-Qt and both teams will focus on the same project. Looking further ahead, the GTK version of LXDE will be dropped and all efforts will be focused on the Qt port. We, the main developers and administrators of the projects, will try to figure out where we align and where we have differences to grind out.
Bringing these two fine projects together will require help and we invite developers, translators and early adopters to join the effort at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nine months and a bunch of bug fixes to the stable branch of PCManFM+libfm. We’re also adding a bunch of translations on top of that (not included in the changelog below).
Changelog for PCManFM
* 9574948 – Fix format warning (%lld should get long long int instead of gint64).
* e81cdc1 – Set wrap_license in About dialog to False, it’s wrapped oddly otherwise.
* 8026681 – man page: minus signs should be escaped in groff text.
* fe743d7 – Copyright update in About dialog: it should show 2013, not 2012.
* b926a11 – Fix ‘make check’: add autogenerated files into POTFILES.skip list.
* 6b07135 – Improve debug on fm_tab_page_destroy() to diagnose #3614500.
* 6e88042 – Remove unused ‘wp_modes’ from pref.glade (it is used in desktop-pref.glade).
* 326e424 – [#3590050]Handle busy cursor on page opening and closing correctly.
* 56c9b2b – [#3533841]Fix: files on the desktop open on hover.
* 9ebdfed – [#3600900]Fix build with automake 1.13.
* 608070c – [#3600913]Remove obsolete automake macro AM_PROG_CC_STDC.
* 84d832b – [#3613685]The “drag-drop” handler should use fm_dnd_dest_find_target().
* fc33db1 – [#3598807]Return of fm_key_file_get_int() should be checked.
* f17ed8c – Add workaround for tab too small with GTK3. – Add workaround for pcmanfm –help showing garbage message.
* 3c3e621 – [#3591767]Don’t hilight desktop item if we cannot drop on it.
* b0f0cf4 – [#3602662]Fix for SIGSEGV on middle-click.
* ca5630e – Desktop items layout haven’t respected reserved space on monitor.
* 26dcbab – [#3589448]Folder view grabs focus only once.
* 3f7cadb – Hotkeys for sort modes and for New Empty File
* f1902e6 – [#3585895]Fix for SIGSEGV in get_nearest_item() with focus=NULL.
* 05357d4 – Revert “Hotkeys for sort modes and for New Empty File”
* daf7118 – Hotkeys for sort modes and for New Empty File
* 1238e8d – Display full path in tab tooltip
* 119e525 – [#3582257]“Open entered folder” button do nothing
* 876740e – Manual page update: desktop management and missing –wallpaper-mode option.
* f53d9b1 – [#3586151]‘Open in …’ actions should be available only for directories.
Changelog for libfm
* ff1e040 – Increase ABI revision to 2 before release (now ABI code is 4:2:1)
* a884433 – Fix for SIGSEGV in fm_file_info_set_from_gfileinfo() for empty display name.
* bbe97fa – Make fm_init() idempotent, it should be more safe that way.
* cf55932 – fm_init() should call g_type_init() since application may don’t call it.
* ca6f02f – Fix for Gtk-Critical on accel_group on window destroy.
* 98bcc3c – [#3614507]Fix: recursive copying should copy symlinks as symlinks.
* b7e7248 – Eliminate memory leak in fm_file_menu_new_for_files().
* 023a117 – Fix race condition on GMutex allocation in fm_run_in_default_main_context().
* e6ad58c – [#3614473]If permission value wasn’t set then don’t update it.
* 63ff747 – [#3599638]Not escape chars such as ‘[' from path bar when make an URI.
* b8dafba - Keybindings Shift+Insert and Ctrl+Insert are swapped out.
* 169491a - [#3589641]scripts are ran from $HOME instead of current dir.
* 0f7f9ce – [#3613685]FmDndDest “drag-drop” handler should use fm_dnd_dest_find_target().
* bdac966 – [#3613305]Unescape file names on copy from virtual to native FS.
* 9de8c02 – Fix over previous commit.
* 04cd938 – Eliminate assertion on adding a column while FmFolderModel wasn’t initialized.
* 415d247 – [#3606577]Error window should be above others or else it may be invisible.
* 65e83dd – [#3591771]Adding file to folder right after deletion shouldn’t be missed.
* 552d91d – [#3590304]Fallback themed icon “folder-video” to “folder” not to gnome.
* 01c1de2 – Fix over previous commit: it leaded to crash.
* 7d31d56 – Fix: after changing the folder selection isn’t reset
* 0beaa48 – [#3589259]Fix for dropping files onto Trash in Places sidebar.
* 70ff12a – Change FM_CONFIG_DEFAULT_NO_USB_TRASH to more expecting TRUE.
* e1029d5 – Fix: disabled name cannot be copied to clipboard, make it unfocusable instead.
* 7b83548 – Fix: file owner/group should be properly disabled in dialog.
* 3cea23d – Adding tooltips for file name and location in file properties.
* a105732 – Disabling input for file name in properties dialog window.
* afbe7e2 – [#3587571]Ctrl+A should select all depending on focus.
* 9242089 – Fix for localizations of Detailed List View headers.
* 690e15b – smb:// symlinked locations cannot be launched from folder view.
* 40aa4a6 – [#3584798]We shouldn’t disable DnD on non-native targets completely.
* 195e18e – Another fix for possible SIGSEGV in src/base/fm-path.c.
* 19801e7 – [#3586178]Comparison is wrong (bug #6421 in libexo).
* 83f0300 – [#3586178]gtk3 css strings have significantly different syntax from gtk2 rc strings
* 80c568c – [#3586178]doc build wasn’t updated for ‘–with-gtk=3′ case
* ea6d673 – [#3582493]Fixing test-fm-path two tests.
* 86717c4 – [#3582493]Fix for SIGSEGV in fm_path_new_child() with parent=NULL.
* e098be3 – [#3584608]Fix for rarely broken DnD due to FmDndDest source caching.
* 74901d7 – [#3582816]If no region is selected in editable then apply ‘Delete’ to char next to cursor.
* 224d382 – [#3583229]Fix for broken DnD in ExoTreeView.
The backend library to read freedesktop.org application menu files has been released with four major changes.
menu-cache-0.5.0.tar.gz, sha1sum: 0f107e62f50f0ea37b9d984ddd7e2ef042ce64c1
d643bd1 – Remove unused code (enclosed into #if 0 … #endif)
a4ea086 – Remove dependency of menu-cache-gen on libmenu-cache from Makefile.
45731ed – Remove incorrect logic of monitoring in menu-cached.
44f9914 – Speed up menu-cached, not delay reload if there was none in last 3 seconds.
210e1ae – Fix over previous commit, it had incorrect test for file existance.
4320ad6 – Ignore not-existant files from menu-cache-gen.
70156ce – Enable a debug message on file monitor activity.
b9917d3 – New APIs menu_cache_find_child_by_id() and menu_cache_find_child_by_name().
76d3ce8 – Fix incorrect debug format message (%d should get int instead of gsize).
5322cd7 – Don’t call g_type_init() with glib>=2.36 (it’s marked deprecated).
080c3f9 – The menu_cache_item_from_path() returned wrong item.
fd7a65f – ’show hidden’ mode (+hidden) should enable empty directories too.
1d7c627 – Fix compilation with automake 1.13
c767802 – debian: new package libmenu-cache-bin: binaries should not come with library.
13bf998 – Use pkglibexecdir instead of libexecdir to install binaries.
5deaa82 – Developers’ documentation update.
b73770d – menu_cache_item_unref() should return FALSE.
ab61990 – Fix on SIGSEGV in menu_cache_item_from_path() on strcmp.
801cc89 – New API menu_cache_find_item_by_id() to do fast cache scan for id.
25d1656 – Replaced g_return_val_if_fail() with if().
7c2aa7a – Remove extra g_io_channel_unref() on termination.
4287e58 – Update for NEWS file.
6563ccd – New macro MENU_CACHE_CHECK_VERSION() to test library version.
5902579 – Fix segfault
1a48be7 – Use setsid() in menu-cached to complete daemonize.
6cd7839 – Eliminate secondary main loop in libmenu-cache.
6bb4960 – Adding possibility to include NoDisplay files into cache file.
1b3fd7a – debian: Add breaks/conflicts for libmenu-cache1-dev to make the upgarde nicer
c85e46c – debian: also remove .a files
67bdf10 – Adding libmenu-cache-dbg package.
fdd3e0f – Adding suggestion on libmenu-cache-doc package from libmenu-cache-dev.
4f8dd2b – Adding libmenu-cache-doc package.
53ff37e – Renaming libmenu-cache1-dev into proper unversioned package.
c374e0c – debian: Use autogen.sh instead of the dh sequence